Parties that are involved in Dutch Safety Board investigations will receive a draft report in advance so that they can
- check whether all the facts have been incorporated correctly
- indicate what is still unclear to them.
The parties may not share the contents of the draft report with others before the final report has been published. The Dutch Safety Board can only assess the responses if the parties submit their comments in time*. The Dutch Safety Board carefully assesses each comment and decides which comments, if any, will be incorporated into the final report.
Corrections of factual inaccuracies, additional comments at detail level, and relevant editorial comments can be incorporated by the Dutch Safety Board. The report will include a table with all the comments and notes explaining which comments were incorporated
* The response periods are:
- standard by law 4 weeks
- for aviation parties up to a maximum of 60 days
- for shipping parties 5 weeks
- for foreign parties there are different periods